New Roadblock - Peter Snook

Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm on a fall break for school and I refuse to do any homework so instead I dove head first into my family tree again.  This time I'm working on my father's side.  Things were moving pretty good thanks to a few books my father had given me the last time I was home until I hit Peter Snook. 

The only info I have on Peter Snook is that he was born about 1770 in/around Sussex New Jersey.  He was also married to Elizabeth Simmons. Their son Phillip Snook is my ancestor.  All information stops at him being the father of Phillip.

I'm taking this as a natural stopping point and walking away for a while.

1 comments:

Peter said...

Welcome to Geneabloggers!
Reading your blog, it struck me that both the Snook* name and the Simmons* name sound very Dutch. Being Dutch myself, I was very much interested. I also have a blog with many genealogical subjects. One of my posts shows a survey of foreign genealogical blogs/sites showing Dutch origin surnames. The URL is http://www.patmcast.blogspot.com/2012/05/dutch-ancestors.html. The idea is to try and establish contacts between people who have an interest in the same surname. There are numerous cases in The Netherlands where people emigrated centuries ago without leaving a trace in Dutch archives. With my blog I try to bring Dutch and foreign (mainly US/CAN) genealogists together.
Therefore, I like to have your permission to show your site in my a.m. blog.
I look forward to your reaction!
Kind regards,
Peter
* In the Netherlands Snook equals Snoek and Simmons equals Simons.

Post a Comment